Fall is an exciting time of the year to be in New Jersey. On any given weekend, you can experience a number of seasonal activities and attractions. With school back in session and cooler temperatures, it’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy all the interesting things the state has to offer, without the crowds. What are you waiting for? The crisp air, breathtaking scenery and smell of autumn leaves are calling you to make the most of this season before it passes by.
Don’t Miss Out on these Fall Activities – Perfect for the Weekends
There is plenty to see and do on a fall weekend in NJ. Whether you are going on a romantic getaway or planning a family trip, you can always find something here to fill your itinerary.
If you’re stuck for ideas, take a look at some of the best fall activities and places to visit in NJ:
- Attend a Fall Festival – Foodies rejoice! Fall is food festival season in NJ. If you want to experience local BBQ, food trucks or craft beer, there are always events taking place every weekend. Check out one of the exciting harvest festivals this month.
- Tour a Winery – If you are a wine lover, you’re in luck. NJ has more than 40 wineries scattered throughout its lush and scenic valleys. There are plenty of options and opportunities to take a stroll through the vineyards and sample award-winning wines.
- Go Apple or Pumpkin Picking – No matter where you are, one of the most popular fall activities to do is to visit an apple orchard or pumpkin patch. Fortunately, there is no shortage of apples or pumpkins in NJ and most farms will offer both apple and pumpkin picking.
- Take a Hike or Scenic Drive – The area is fortunate to be surrounded by an abundance of nature and fall is the ideal time to watch the surroundings transform and change colors. Pack a bag and hike through the Appalachian Trail or visit one of our many parks and trails. If you’d prefer taking in the scenery from your car, there are several vistas and historical districts to explore and enjoy.
- Visit a Flea Market – If you are looking for inexpensive and unique gifts or antiques, take a stroll around a flea market. They are wonderful places to spend a day with some even offering fun food options. Enjoy locally butchered meats, fruits and vegetables amongst a vast assortment of collectables when you visit Cowtown Farmers Market.
Enjoy a Unique Experience at Cowtown Farmers Market
Fall weather can be unpredictable but one thing is for sure. Rain or shine, we are open all year round. So, stop into our one of a kind marketplace to discover hidden treasures and our world famous farmers market. What started out as a livestock auction in 1926 has now become one of the Garden State’s best indoor and outdoor flea markets. For weekend visitors, we are open from 8 am – 4 pm on Saturdays and look forward to welcoming you every week.
Visit us every Tuesday and Saturday this fall and see our collection in person. For more information, please fill out our online contact form, or if you are interested in becoming a vendor, take a look at our vendor requirements.