Believe it or not, auctions have been around for more than 2,000 years. Today, auctions continue to be a popular spectacle with consumers gathering from all over the country to bid against each other on goods for sale in the hope that they have the highest offered price.
Many of us set out with the best intentions when it comes to getting through the holiday season. Although, what happens when the excitement fades? You may begin to feel overwhelmed for a number of different reasons from holiday shopping to juggling a busy social calendar. Fortunately, no matter what holiday you celebrate this season, if you are feeling the pressure of gift-giving, we have the perfect solution for you. Visit your local flea market to shop among a wide variety of vendors who are guaranteed to have something for everyone on your list.
As we say goodbye to fall festivities, both local and major retailers are gearing up to promote holiday sales, officially kicking off the shopping season. While it may seem like the holiday shopping season begins a little earlier every year, checking off everyone and everything on your list as soon as possible is a smart move. Shopping early can save you precious time and money as well as minimize stress throughout what is sure to be a busy holiday season.
Fall is an exciting time of the year to be in New Jersey. On any given weekend, you can experience a number of seasonal activities and attractions. With school back in session and cooler temperatures, it’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy all the interesting things the state has to offer, without the crowds. What are you waiting for? The crisp air, breathtaking scenery and smell of autumn leaves are calling you to make the most of this season before it passes by.
Don’t Miss Out on these Fall Activities – Perfect for the Weekends
There is plenty to see and do on a fall weekend in NJ. Whether you are going on a romantic getaway or planning a family trip, you can always find something here to fill your itinerary.
If you’re stuck for ideas, take a look at some of the best fall activities and places to visit in NJ:
- Attend a Fall Festival – Foodies rejoice! Fall is food festival season in NJ. If you want to experience local BBQ, food trucks or craft beer, there are always events taking place every weekend. Check out one of the exciting harvest festivals this month.
- Tour a Winery – If you are a wine lover, you’re in luck. NJ has more than 40 wineries scattered throughout its lush and scenic valleys. There are plenty of options and opportunities to take a stroll through the vineyards and sample award-winning wines.
- Go Apple or Pumpkin Picking – No matter where you are, one of the most popular fall activities to do is to visit an apple orchard or pumpkin patch. Fortunately, there is no shortage of apples or pumpkins in NJ and most farms will offer both apple and pumpkin picking.
- Take a Hike or Scenic Drive – The area is fortunate to be surrounded by an abundance of nature and fall is the ideal time to watch the surroundings transform and change colors. Pack a bag and hike through the Appalachian Trail or visit one of our many parks and trails. If you’d prefer taking in the scenery from your car, there are several vistas and historical districts to explore and enjoy.
- Visit a Flea Market – If you are looking for inexpensive and unique gifts or antiques, take a stroll around a flea market. They are wonderful places to spend a day with some even offering fun food options. Enjoy locally butchered meats, fruits and vegetables amongst a vast assortment of collectables when you visit Cowtown Farmers Market.
Enjoy a Unique Experience at Cowtown Farmers Market
Fall weather can be unpredictable but one thing is for sure. Rain or shine, we are open all year round. So, stop into our one of a kind marketplace to discover hidden treasures and our world famous farmers market. What started out as a livestock auction in 1926 has now become one of the Garden State’s best indoor and outdoor flea markets. For weekend visitors, we are open from 8 am – 4 pm on Saturdays and look forward to welcoming you every week.
Visit us every Tuesday and Saturday this fall and see our collection in person. For more information, please fill out our online contact form, or if you are interested in becoming a vendor, take a look at our vendor requirements.
With the kids in school and the temperatures outside cooling off, now is the perfect time to take advantage of your free time during the week and shop at Cowtown Farmers Market.
Not only are we open year-round, but we offer a variety of seasonal items that you can buy and use to decorate for the season or even get ready for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
It is that time of year again where parents gather up their child’s supply list from school and head out for back-to-school shopping sprees. Whether you need a whole new wardrobe for your child, electronics before they go off to college, or a few odds and ends to help them with the new year, Cowtown Farmers Market should be your first stop for back-to-school shopping.
One of the main reasons people visit a local farmers market is for the deals, and when you are looking for farmers markets in NJ, Cowtown Farmers Market is one of the more popular. Not only are we open year-round, but we offer great summer deals and unique finds to make the trip totally worth it.
At Cowtown, we offer you the option to shop local and enjoy our farmers market year-round. While some of our vendors are seasonal, and others temporary, we also have an array of those that are here day after day – our preferred vendors.