As we say goodbye to fall festivities, both local and major retailers are gearing up to promote holiday sales, officially kicking off the shopping season. While it may seem like the holiday shopping season begins a little earlier every year, checking off everyone and everything on your list as soon as possible is a smart move. Shopping early can save you precious time and money as well as minimize stress throughout what is sure to be a busy holiday season.
Fall is an exciting time of the year to be in New Jersey. On any given weekend, you can experience a number of seasonal activities and attractions. With school back in session and cooler temperatures, it’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy all the interesting things the state has to offer, without the crowds. What are you waiting for? The crisp air, breathtaking scenery and smell of autumn leaves are calling you to make the most of this season before it passes by.
Don’t Miss Out on these Fall Activities – Perfect for the Weekends
There is plenty to see and do on a fall weekend in NJ. Whether you are going on a romantic getaway or planning a family trip, you can always find something here to fill your itinerary.
If you’re stuck for ideas, take a look at some of the best fall activities and places to visit in NJ:
- Attend a Fall Festival – Foodies rejoice! Fall is food festival season in NJ. If you want to experience local BBQ, food trucks or craft beer, there are always events taking place every weekend. Check out one of the exciting harvest festivals this month.
- Tour a Winery – If you are a wine lover, you’re in luck. NJ has more than 40 wineries scattered throughout its lush and scenic valleys. There are plenty of options and opportunities to take a stroll through the vineyards and sample award-winning wines.
- Go Apple or Pumpkin Picking – No matter where you are, one of the most popular fall activities to do is to visit an apple orchard or pumpkin patch. Fortunately, there is no shortage of apples or pumpkins in NJ and most farms will offer both apple and pumpkin picking.
- Take a Hike or Scenic Drive – The area is fortunate to be surrounded by an abundance of nature and fall is the ideal time to watch the surroundings transform and change colors. Pack a bag and hike through the Appalachian Trail or visit one of our many parks and trails. If you’d prefer taking in the scenery from your car, there are several vistas and historical districts to explore and enjoy.
- Visit a Flea Market – If you are looking for inexpensive and unique gifts or antiques, take a stroll around a flea market. They are wonderful places to spend a day with some even offering fun food options. Enjoy locally butchered meats, fruits and vegetables amongst a vast assortment of collectables when you visit Cowtown Farmers Market.
Enjoy a Unique Experience at Cowtown Farmers Market
Fall weather can be unpredictable but one thing is for sure. Rain or shine, we are open all year round. So, stop into our one of a kind marketplace to discover hidden treasures and our world famous farmers market. What started out as a livestock auction in 1926 has now become one of the Garden State’s best indoor and outdoor flea markets. For weekend visitors, we are open from 8 am – 4 pm on Saturdays and look forward to welcoming you every week.
Visit us every Tuesday and Saturday this fall and see our collection in person. For more information, please fill out our online contact form, or if you are interested in becoming a vendor, take a look at our vendor requirements.
With the kids in school and the temperatures outside cooling off, now is the perfect time to take advantage of your free time during the week and shop at Cowtown Farmers Market.
Not only are we open year-round, but we offer a variety of seasonal items that you can buy and use to decorate for the season or even get ready for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
It is that time of year again where parents gather up their child’s supply list from school and head out for back-to-school shopping sprees. Whether you need a whole new wardrobe for your child, electronics before they go off to college, or a few odds and ends to help them with the new year, Cowtown Farmers Market should be your first stop for back-to-school shopping.
One of the main reasons people visit a local farmers market is for the deals, and when you are looking for farmers markets in NJ, Cowtown Farmers Market is one of the more popular. Not only are we open year-round, but we offer great summer deals and unique finds to make the trip totally worth it.
At Cowtown, we offer you the option to shop local and enjoy our farmers market year-round. While some of our vendors are seasonal, and others temporary, we also have an array of those that are here day after day – our preferred vendors.
There is something quite charming and stimulating about visiting your local farmer’s market in NJ. In fact, farmer’s markets in the USA are growing at an exponential rate, with the USDA reporting a 76% increase in the number of registered markets between 2008 and 2013 alone.
No matter how mild or brutal the winter months have been, there is a certain inexplicable joy in welcoming spring. The cool, crisp breeze, fresh green shoots, and colorful blooms that dot the landscape lend a cheery, uplifting vibe. While it looks pretty through your windows, the scene is best enjoyed by stepping outdoors. And what better way to appreciate the weather and your surroundings than to combine it with a shopping spree at your local flea market in NJ?
The Cowtown Farmers Market is an exciting and vibrant marketplace with a diverse range of offerings. Explore and enjoy its perfect backdrop for a day long outing with friends and family on a gorgeous spring day.
Spring is in the Air, So are Deals and Bargains at Cowtown Farmers Market
With an indoor-outdoor facility that makes your shopping experience comfortable in any weather, the Cowtown Farmers Market is full of seasonal surprises. Here is a sneak peek at what to expect during your spring visit.
- Ditch the Winter Wardrobe: Scour through the newest stock of men’s and women’s fashion apparel. Match your picks with colorful accessories that reflect the mood and beauty of the season.
- Bring Home the Season’s Fruity and Floral Scents: Browse through a range of handmade, organic soaps, bath bombs and perfumes. You will surely find something that pleases your senses!
- Redecorate Your Home Post Spring-Cleaning: After a diligent bout of spring cleaning, wouldn’t you like to decorate your home with something bright and new? Find handcrafted home décor and a wide range of other home goods and utility items at a number of stalls in Cowtown. Don’t forget to walk through the tools and supplies section if you need to replace any of your garage accessories.
- Start Your Spring Garden: Browse through row after row of stunning, live flowers and plants and pick up your favorite blooms and shrubs, or simply take home a striking bouquet to add to your home décor. Cowtown offers the widest and most price-competitive collection of fresh flowers and plants in South Jersey.
- Indulge Your Taste Buds: There is no dearth of multi-cuisine food stalls that offer a variety of specially prepared foods, using seasonal fruits and vegetables. In addition to fresh-cooked meals, check out a wide variety of home-made pickles, jams, and sauces and take home your favorite flavors.
Enjoy Beautiful Spring Days at the Cowtown Farmers Market
The Cowtown Farmers Market is open round the year from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Enjoy the weather as you stroll through the outdoor market, grab a delicious meal and take home unexpected goodies which were not even on your shopping list. After all, everyone likes an attractive deal or bargain, especially if it is on unique, seasonal goods. So when are you planning that next spring day outing to the most exciting flea market in NJ?
Have any questions about our farmers market in NJ? Fill out our online contact form and we will get back to you shortly. If you would like to set up a stall at our market, browse through our vendor requirements section.