It is that time of year again where parents gather up their child’s supply list from school and head out for back-to-school shopping sprees. Whether you need a whole new wardrobe for your child, electronics before they go off to college, or a few odds and ends to help them with the new year, Cowtown Farmers Market should be your first stop for back-to-school shopping.
One of the main reasons people visit a local farmers market is for the deals, and when you are looking for farmers markets in NJ, Cowtown Farmers Market is one of the more popular. Not only are we open year-round, but we offer great summer deals and unique finds to make the trip totally worth it.
At Cowtown, we offer you the option to shop local and enjoy our farmers market year-round. While some of our vendors are seasonal, and others temporary, we also have an array of those that are here day after day – our preferred vendors.
There is something quite charming and stimulating about visiting your local farmer’s market in NJ. In fact, farmer’s markets in the USA are growing at an exponential rate, with the USDA reporting a 76% increase in the number of registered markets between 2008 and 2013 alone.
No matter how mild or brutal the winter months have been, there is a certain inexplicable joy in welcoming spring. The cool, crisp breeze, fresh green shoots, and colorful blooms that dot the landscape lend a cheery, uplifting vibe. While it looks pretty through your windows, the scene is best enjoyed by stepping outdoors. And what better way to appreciate the weather and your surroundings than to combine it with a shopping spree at your local flea market in NJ?
The Cowtown Farmers Market is an exciting and vibrant marketplace with a diverse range of offerings. Explore and enjoy its perfect backdrop for a day long outing with friends and family on a gorgeous spring day.
Spring is in the Air, So are Deals and Bargains at Cowtown Farmers Market
With an indoor-outdoor facility that makes your shopping experience comfortable in any weather, the Cowtown Farmers Market is full of seasonal surprises. Here is a sneak peek at what to expect during your spring visit.
- Ditch the Winter Wardrobe: Scour through the newest stock of men’s and women’s fashion apparel. Match your picks with colorful accessories that reflect the mood and beauty of the season.
- Bring Home the Season’s Fruity and Floral Scents: Browse through a range of handmade, organic soaps, bath bombs and perfumes. You will surely find something that pleases your senses!
- Redecorate Your Home Post Spring-Cleaning: After a diligent bout of spring cleaning, wouldn’t you like to decorate your home with something bright and new? Find handcrafted home décor and a wide range of other home goods and utility items at a number of stalls in Cowtown. Don’t forget to walk through the tools and supplies section if you need to replace any of your garage accessories.
- Start Your Spring Garden: Browse through row after row of stunning, live flowers and plants and pick up your favorite blooms and shrubs, or simply take home a striking bouquet to add to your home décor. Cowtown offers the widest and most price-competitive collection of fresh flowers and plants in South Jersey.
- Indulge Your Taste Buds: There is no dearth of multi-cuisine food stalls that offer a variety of specially prepared foods, using seasonal fruits and vegetables. In addition to fresh-cooked meals, check out a wide variety of home-made pickles, jams, and sauces and take home your favorite flavors.
Enjoy Beautiful Spring Days at the Cowtown Farmers Market
The Cowtown Farmers Market is open round the year from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Enjoy the weather as you stroll through the outdoor market, grab a delicious meal and take home unexpected goodies which were not even on your shopping list. After all, everyone likes an attractive deal or bargain, especially if it is on unique, seasonal goods. So when are you planning that next spring day outing to the most exciting flea market in NJ?
Have any questions about our farmers market in NJ? Fill out our online contact form and we will get back to you shortly. If you would like to set up a stall at our market, browse through our vendor requirements section.
When it comes to clothes or footwear, your first instinct is to hit the malls or scroll page after page of your online shopping sites to find an attractive bargain. However, have you ever considered what a treasure trove awaits you at flea markets in NJ, especially here at Cowtown Farmers Market?
Whether you sell fresh produce, apparel, beauty products, handicrafts, or other seasonal products, today you have several online and offline avenues to market your wares and build your profits. While there are a wide variety of virtual retail options, they do come with their own set of challenges. Not only do you need to learn and master the art of online marketing, but you also have to worry about packaging, shipping, and meeting tight deadlines to reach your product to the final consumer.
On the other hand, selling at a flea market may be a completely different ball game. No doubt there is money to be made here, but you will enjoy several other advantages with this traditional, offline avenue.
Top 5 Advantages of Selling at Flea Markets
- Uniqueness in a Versatile Environment: From vintage goods curators and talented crafts persons, to small business owners and seasonal goods and service providers, the flea market has something for everyone. Despite the rise of other brick-and-mortar models, such as malls and shopping centers, consumers are constantly on the hunt for unique products and attractive bargains as an alternative to mass market products. As a vendor, you will not only benefit from the exuberant environment, but also meet plenty of diverse vendors and eager consumers.
- Low Entry Barrier: Once you select your preferred flea market, all you need is the rent for a stall or table, transport, simple packaging for your goods, and a cash box or merchant services transaction hardware or software. By incurring nominal expenses you are all set to sell and make a profit.
- Sales Potential: A flea market is usually a lot more about the passion and enjoyment of the ambience, and less about the cash. However, if you line up early and choose the right location to set up your wares, you will be smiling your way to the bank. Moreover, it is also about selecting the most appropriate market for your offerings as there are many varieties out there. While a few specialize in fresh produce and food stalls, some are renowned for arts, antiques and collectibles, while yet others may attract crowds for vintage clothing, accessories, handicrafts, furniture and more.
- Market Research Opportunity: If you have a relatively new product on hand, there is no better place than a flea market to conduct some low-cost research. Put your merchandise out there, interact with potential customers, build your brand within the local community, seek feedback to modify and perfect your goods and ensure that your offering is catering to the needs of your target audience.
- Long-term Business Development: If what you do at present is more of a side business or a hobby, the flea market is an excellent avenue to explore the full potential of your venture. Since you will interact with the locals, as well as other vendors, you may be able to:
- Share ideas
- Build your network
- Forge strong relationships
More importantly, you could develop a loyal customer base that can propel your part-time venture into a full-time business. In fact, you may find several examples of successful entrepreneurs who started business at a flea market.
Check out Cowtown Farmer’s Market – South Jersey’s Best Flea Market
At the Cowtown Farmers Market in New Jersey, we pride ourselves on our diverse and unique year-round offerings, in the comfort of temperature-controlled outdoor and indoor facilities. Connecting buyers and sellers since 1926, we attract a large local community as well as consumers from neighboring areas, every Tuesday and Saturday from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Reserve your vendor spot at our market and take advantage of our enthusiastic, loyal patrons, who come week after week to explore and shop here.
For spot rentals, visit us in person at 6.00 a.m. on any Tuesday or Saturday. If you have any other vending enquiries, call us at 856-769-3000, or contact us online. We do not accept advance reservations, or reservations through phone or email.
The temperatures might be chilly here in New Jersey, but that does not mean that farmer’s market season is anywhere close to over. Farmers’ markets stay open year-round, especially here at Cowtown Farmers Market.
With our heated interior, our vendors can sell you their finest goods without making you brave the cold. Even better, winter is the perfect time to visit, because you have fewer crowds to contend with and unique seasonal items that only sell during those wintry months.
What Fun, Unique Items Can You Find at a Farmers Market in NJ During the Winter?
The answer to this may surprise you.
Cowtown Farmers Market has vendors that pride themselves on offering unique inventory year-round, which means they sell items exclusive to the season.
Here is a sneak peek at some of the seasonal goods you can find:
- Beauty and Personal Products Designed for Winter: The dry, cold air wreaks havoc on your skin, health, and wellness. The vendors selling at our flea market take that into account and offer up a variety of products designed for wintry weather. Pick up handmade bath bombs with pure essential oils, including eucalyptus and peppermint for those winter sniffles. Find the perfect perfume that complements the season, or homemade gourmet soaps that hydrate your drying skin.
- Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables: Temperatures might be low, but there are seasonal fruits and vegetables grown in New Jersey year-round, including squash, ripe, juicy apples, eggplant, and more. See what local vendors have to offer – you may be surprised at how much fresher the produce here is than your local superstore.
- Seasonal Décor to Brighten Up the Space: Pick up items that are festive for the winter season, but also help brighten up your space. Add some unique smelling candles to change your home’s ambiance or grab your Valentine’s Day decorations before the holiday rush.
- A Deal on Winter Apparel: Ready to brave the ice, snow, and chill? See what excellent winter apparel is in stock from our vendors. You can find everything from snow jackets to pants for the entire family. You may also find cozy pajamas for nestling up in front of the fire with a good book, or handmade blankets to keep you warm on those cold nights.
While you are here at our farmers market, do not forget we have a full dining section too. Our vendors serve up meals perfect for the cold weather, including homemade zesty chili, delicious soul food that hits the spot, and even fresh coffee to help perk up your senses before you venture out for a day of shopping.
Come to Your Local Cowtown Farmers Market in NJ for Seasonal Items
Come inside, enjoy the heated interior, grab a cup of fresh coffee and start browsing the inventory of our indoor flea market here at Cowtown Farmers Market. We pride ourselves on offering vendors who give our customers more than enough options for the season.
For information regarding our vendors at our flea market in NJ, contact us by filling out the online contact form. If you are interested in becoming a vendor, see our requirements.