Whether you sell fresh produce, apparel, beauty products, handicrafts, or other seasonal products, today you have several online and offline avenues to market your wares and build your profits. While there are a wide variety of virtual retail options, they do come with their own set of challenges. Not only do you need to learn and master the art of online marketing, but you also have to worry about packaging, shipping, and meeting tight deadlines to reach your product to the final consumer.
On the other hand, selling at a flea market may be a completely different ball game. No doubt there is money to be made here, but you will enjoy several other advantages with this traditional, offline avenue.
Top 5 Advantages of Selling at Flea Markets
- Uniqueness in a Versatile Environment: From vintage goods curators and talented crafts persons, to small business owners and seasonal goods and service providers, the flea market has something for everyone. Despite the rise of other brick-and-mortar models, such as malls and shopping centers, consumers are constantly on the hunt for unique products and attractive bargains as an alternative to mass market products. As a vendor, you will not only benefit from the exuberant environment, but also meet plenty of diverse vendors and eager consumers.
- Low Entry Barrier: Once you select your preferred flea market, all you need is the rent for a stall or table, transport, simple packaging for your goods, and a cash box or merchant services transaction hardware or software. By incurring nominal expenses you are all set to sell and make a profit.
- Sales Potential: A flea market is usually a lot more about the passion and enjoyment of the ambience, and less about the cash. However, if you line up early and choose the right location to set up your wares, you will be smiling your way to the bank. Moreover, it is also about selecting the most appropriate market for your offerings as there are many varieties out there. While a few specialize in fresh produce and food stalls, some are renowned for arts, antiques and collectibles, while yet others may attract crowds for vintage clothing, accessories, handicrafts, furniture and more.
- Market Research Opportunity: If you have a relatively new product on hand, there is no better place than a flea market to conduct some low-cost research. Put your merchandise out there, interact with potential customers, build your brand within the local community, seek feedback to modify and perfect your goods and ensure that your offering is catering to the needs of your target audience.
- Long-term Business Development: If what you do at present is more of a side business or a hobby, the flea market is an excellent avenue to explore the full potential of your venture. Since you will interact with the locals, as well as other vendors, you may be able to:
- Share ideas
- Build your network
- Forge strong relationships
More importantly, you could develop a loyal customer base that can propel your part-time venture into a full-time business. In fact, you may find several examples of successful entrepreneurs who started business at a flea market.
Check out Cowtown Farmer’s Market – South Jersey’s Best Flea Market
At the Cowtown Farmers Market in New Jersey, we pride ourselves on our diverse and unique year-round offerings, in the comfort of temperature-controlled outdoor and indoor facilities. Connecting buyers and sellers since 1926, we attract a large local community as well as consumers from neighboring areas, every Tuesday and Saturday from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Reserve your vendor spot at our market and take advantage of our enthusiastic, loyal patrons, who come week after week to explore and shop here.
For spot rentals, visit us in person at 6.00 a.m. on any Tuesday or Saturday. If you have any other vending enquiries, call us at 856-769-3000, or contact us online. We do not accept advance reservations, or reservations through phone or email.
The temperatures might be chilly here in New Jersey, but that does not mean that farmer’s market season is anywhere close to over. Farmers’ markets stay open year-round, especially here at Cowtown Farmers Market.
With our heated interior, our vendors can sell you their finest goods without making you brave the cold. Even better, winter is the perfect time to visit, because you have fewer crowds to contend with and unique seasonal items that only sell during those wintry months.
What Fun, Unique Items Can You Find at a Farmers Market in NJ During the Winter?
The answer to this may surprise you.
Cowtown Farmers Market has vendors that pride themselves on offering unique inventory year-round, which means they sell items exclusive to the season.
Here is a sneak peek at some of the seasonal goods you can find:
- Beauty and Personal Products Designed for Winter: The dry, cold air wreaks havoc on your skin, health, and wellness. The vendors selling at our flea market take that into account and offer up a variety of products designed for wintry weather. Pick up handmade bath bombs with pure essential oils, including eucalyptus and peppermint for those winter sniffles. Find the perfect perfume that complements the season, or homemade gourmet soaps that hydrate your drying skin.
- Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables: Temperatures might be low, but there are seasonal fruits and vegetables grown in New Jersey year-round, including squash, ripe, juicy apples, eggplant, and more. See what local vendors have to offer – you may be surprised at how much fresher the produce here is than your local superstore.
- Seasonal Décor to Brighten Up the Space: Pick up items that are festive for the winter season, but also help brighten up your space. Add some unique smelling candles to change your home’s ambiance or grab your Valentine’s Day decorations before the holiday rush.
- A Deal on Winter Apparel: Ready to brave the ice, snow, and chill? See what excellent winter apparel is in stock from our vendors. You can find everything from snow jackets to pants for the entire family. You may also find cozy pajamas for nestling up in front of the fire with a good book, or handmade blankets to keep you warm on those cold nights.
While you are here at our farmers market, do not forget we have a full dining section too. Our vendors serve up meals perfect for the cold weather, including homemade zesty chili, delicious soul food that hits the spot, and even fresh coffee to help perk up your senses before you venture out for a day of shopping.
Come to Your Local Cowtown Farmers Market in NJ for Seasonal Items
Come inside, enjoy the heated interior, grab a cup of fresh coffee and start browsing the inventory of our indoor flea market here at Cowtown Farmers Market. We pride ourselves on offering vendors who give our customers more than enough options for the season.
For information regarding our vendors at our flea market in NJ, contact us by filling out the online contact form. If you are interested in becoming a vendor, see our requirements.
These days it is all about Cyber Monday and online shopping. Sure, you catch great deals, but one important sacrifice you make for those few dollars in savings is the experience.
There is something to be said about holiday shopping. From the smells of cinnamon and pinecones on display to the fresh pine scents of Christmas trees, and delicious baked goods.
You feel more in-tune with your shopping in-person, and you get to touch, feel, and explore every gift to ensure it is just right for that special person on your shopping list.
Find a Gift for Everyone on Your List at Your Farmers Market in NJ
At Cowtown Farmers Market, we have been offering up great holiday finds since 1926. Our heated indoor facility makes it easy to come in, browse local produce and crafts, and pick out a gift that shows your recipient you went the extra mile.
Here are a few ways you can finish off your holiday shopping with us:
- Local, Handmade Beauty Products: Find homemade organic soaps, bath bombs, cosmetics, discounted perfumes, and even makeup at our local market for a discounted price.
- Children’s Toys: The farmers market has items for the entire family, including the hottest kids’ toys, clothing sets, and outdoor gear.
- Electronics: Looking for a new laptop? Want to surprise someone with the latest movie or game? Our electronics section has everything you need for the techy on your list too.
- Crafts and Handmade Specialties: Give that one-of-a-kind gift with a handmade Christmas décor item, wreaths, centerpieces, and more.
- Home Goods and Décor: Find everything you need to decorate for the holidays and to be the ultimate Christmas hostess in the home goods section.
- Jewelry: Our market even has handcrafted jewelry pieces at great rates. These are unique jewelry items you cannot pick up anywhere else, which means you can find that unique piece for someone special in your life.
- Antiques, Collectibles, and Memorabilia: Whether shopping for a sports fan in the family or you want to find a unique collectible, our merchants offer everything from jerseys to sportswear and classic memorabilia.
While you spend the day polishing off that shopping list of yours, you can stop in and get something to eat. Our market has the Cowtown Café, spicy Mexican, Dutch country BBQ cuisine, and of course, delicious pizza!
Embrace the Holiday Season and Do Your Christmas Shopping at Cowtown Farmers Market in NJ
Do not let the cold scare you away. Our market has a heated interior so you can shop in comfort and bring the entire family. Year around, we are open every Tuesday and Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm – rain or shine!
For questions about our farmers market in NJ, please fill out the online contact form. To become a vendor at our local market, please read our vendor requirements.
As the host of this year’s Thanksgiving dinner, you might find yourself feeling overwhelmed at your shopping list and to-do’s. After all, you have to find the right ingredients, gather up festive décor, and put it all together to impress friends and family you invite for the big day.
One way to make your Thanksgiving celebration easier is to shop in a single location. Yes, you can buy everything from the décor to the food and even customized gifts when you go to the right place.
Where is this place? The Cowtown Farmers Market right here in New Jersey!
Why Shop at a Flea Market in NJ for Your Thanksgiving Needs?
Today’s flea market has sure changed. In fact, you might be surprised at the variety of products you can pick up to impress your guests and make you look like the best host of the year.
Here are some reasons to try Cowtown Farmers Market for your shopping:
- Access to Fresh Fruits and Vegetables: Cowtown combines flea market prices with farmers market produce so that you have your pick of fresh, local ingredients for your feast. Buy local apples, squash, cranberries for your sauce, and fresh vegetables for your stuffing.
- Get the Home Goods You Need: Looking for a unique serving platter to serve up this year’s roasted turkey? The selection of houseware products at Cowtown might surprise you, including beautiful Chinaware, custom napkins, and more.
- Find the Perfect Gift: Whether you want to give a hostess gift to someone else, or you have a family birthday also coming up, you do not have to go to a separate store. A flea market is an ideal place to shop because you can get everything from beauty products to toys and jewelry.
- Grab a Bite after a Long Day of Shopping: After you have finished off your list, Cowtown Farmers Market offers local vendor foods, including pizza, Dutch country BBQ dishes and Mexican cuisine.
When Everything is in the Same Place Why Would You Ever Leave?
Cowtown Farmers Market will make you rethink how you see flea markets in NJ. With our wide variety of vendors, including repeat vendors always here to sell their products, you can rely on us as your one-stop shop for every major holiday and event in your life.
Visit Cowtown Farmers Market this week. We are open year-round every Tuesday and Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and you can catch our rodeo every Saturday night in the summer.
To become a vendor, please read our vendor requirements and come to Rental Office the day of the market to get a spot.