Celebrate Spring at Cowtown Farmer’s Market
Spring has sprung, and with it comes the perfect opportunity to enjoy a day out at Cowtown Farmer’s Market! Spring brings out the best in nature and the best in Cowtown. New blossoms bloom, the earth is in rebirth, and sunny days are ahead. Springtime is the perfect time of year to spend some time gathering ideas for your flower garden, preparing for spring holidays, and eating organic foods with the produce from our fresh fruit and vegetable vendors.
For sunny days, we have outdoor vendors with all the goods needed to get your garden ready for spring. In case of spring showers, we provide indoor facilities that offer cover and warmth from the rain. Cowtown Farmer’s Market is open from 8am to 4pm, every Tuesday and Saturday, rain or shine, and showcases over 400 vendors abundantly stocked with spring supplies.
As the days lengthen and the temperatures begin to warm, there is no better time to plan this year’s landscaping makeover. The weather in the spring ensures that new additions to the garden have enough water to establish healthy roots. That way, once the summer sunshine peeks through the clouds, they will be ready for beautiful and bountiful growth. Cowtown Farmer’s Market is the perfect place to visit when planning this year’s garden. Our vendors have beautiful selections of live flowers, plants, and shrubs that can excite anyone with a green thumb. If you want to find the perfect blossoms for spring, check out our picks below.
- Daffodils – A cheery yellow springtime bloom. You can add these to your garden or keep them in a pot and replant the bulbs in the fall.
- Pansies – A gorgeous flower year-round that can give your garden a delicate and refined look.
- Mums – Sweet and pretty, their daisy-like blooms can add a fullness to your garden bed while also benefiting your local pollinators.
- Sunflowers — An annual that is beloved for their sunny looks. Sunflowers will not only bring color to your garden but are also a major food source for the birds, bees and butterflies.
The month of April allows us to bid farewell to winter and look forward to the sunny days that lie ahead. It is also the perfect time of year to reconnect with family and friends. Hosting dinners that feature the gorgeous fruits and veggies from Cowtown Farmer’s Market is the perfect way to bring loved ones together this spring. We have vendors with locally grown produce that will make planning your next farm-to-table meal, exciting and delicious. If you want to know what spring harvest you can find at Cowtown Farmer’s Market – read on.
- Apples – Come in plenty of varieties, especially in the Garden State. They can be used to spice up a salad or baked for a sweet treat.
- Cabbage — A popular spring vegetable that can be braised, sautéed, or made into a slaw.
- Greens — Great for stir fry dishes, casseroles, in smoothies, or to add flavor to soup stock.
- Herbs — Necessary in any meal to enhance flavor; popular springtime herbs are rosemary, mint, thyme, basil, and cilantro.
- Rhubarb — Can be used in sweet treats such as pies, cakes, tarts, or muffins.
Are you a vendor with a spring harvest on your hands? Take a look at our vendor information to help provide beautiful blooms, fresh fruit, or spring vegetables to your community. If you’re curious about the market and have questions, please contact us.