Visit Your Local Flea Market for the Perfect Weekend Activity
If you’re looking for a fun, inexpensive, and interesting weekend activity that the whole family can enjoy, it’s time to make a trip to your local flea market. From seasonal produce to antique and handcrafted goods, these marketplaces are bursting with everything you could imagine and more. An eclectic mix of local merchants provides visitors with a unique shopping experience that often features endless aisles of one-of-a-kind items, in addition to delicious food offerings and sometimes, even live entertainment.
Why Flea Markets Make for a Great Family-Friendly Outdoor Activity
As we continue to adjust our daily routines, it is more important than ever that we continue to make time for activities that can be done safely and close to home. One of the best weekend outdoor activities to do on your own or with the family is to visit your local flea market and farmers’ market. Below, we cite some compelling reasons why you should stop by your local marketplace this weekend:
- Find the Best Bargains: One of the main attractions of any flea market is discovering all the great bargains. Flea markets are famous for having a wide variety of categorized items, so you are sure to find everything you need at a reasonable price.
- Best Place to Find Unique Items: If you’re on the hunt to find a truly special gift for a loved one or even for yourself, there’s bound to be something for everyone on your list at your local flea market. Many of the handcrafted items you see are usually one-of-a-kind, so be sure to buy what you like right away, in order to avoid disappointment.
- Change of Atmosphere: While the bargain shopping component is a big draw for flea markets, they also have so much more to offer visitors. The facility or grounds flea markets occupy are usually steeped in a long history. Next time you’re at a flea market, make sure to take a look around at the heritage buildings, as well as enjoy the food, beverages and entertainment on offer.
- Dog Friendly Environment: Malls often have strict rules about bringing animals indoors, but the same rules usually don’t apply at flea markets. If you want to include your dog in your weekend activities, flea markets are a great place for everybody and their furry friend to enjoy.
- Go Back in Time: Flea markets are one of the best ways to “travel through time”. They are far less expensive than taking the entire family to a museum for the day and often feature other fun activities to keep everyone busy. Different eras are often blended together and even if you don’t end up buying anything, it is likely that you’ll walk away having learned something from one of the local vendors.
Plan Your Visit to NJ’s Best Flea Market this Weekend
Cowtown Farmers Market offers visitors an experience unlike any other. Whether you are on the hunt for a unique treasure or would just like to spend time perusing the 400+ stalls at our flea and farmers’ market, we are sure to have everything you’re looking for in an entertaining weekend outing. You don’t have to venture far from home to find an amazing selection of local goods at the best prices. Our southern New Jersey flea market is open year-round to ensure you never miss out on our exclusive inventory. Can’t make it down on the weekend? Don’t worry, you’re still in luck! In addition to opening every Saturday, we also operate every Tuesday from 8 am – 4 pm for your convenience.
Stop by for a visit this weekend or if you would like to set up a stall, check out our vendor requirements section. For any questions about our NJ flea market, please contact us online and we will get back to you shortly.