Fall is a Great Time to Shop Outdoors at Cowtown Farmers Market
There’s a nip in the air, and the leaves are changing colors or falling to the ground to collect in delightful piles that children love to kick, pile up, and jump in. Many people name fall as their favorite season of the year. Football games, the first backyard fire of the year, and chowing down on apple pies and pumpkin spice muffins — what’s not to like?
What’s in Season?
Do you know what else is more fun in the fall? Shopping at Cowtown Farmers Market in Pilesgrove, NJ, is always a great experience. Be sure to visit each vendor since there are new items available every week. It really is true that fall is a great time to shop outdoors!
Did someone say pumpkins? Whether you’re looking for pumpkins to make jack-o’-lanterns or pies and desserts, you’re sure to see some at our farmers market this fall. Apples are another huge hit, and many shoppers come hoping to find a vendor selling cider or apple butter for a delicious seasonal treat.
Here are more fresh produce items you may find at Cowtown Farmers Market this fall:
- Cherry and heirloom tomatoes
- Winter squash
- Freshly harvested potatoes
- Bok choy
- Herbs such as parsley, basil, and sage
This is just a sampling of fresh vegetables and herbs that you can often find among more than 400 stalls here.
What’s Trending this Fall?
Be sure to visit our featured vendors who regularly change up their stock to meet demand. Here are a few ideas of hot items that often appear when the temperatures turn chilly:
- Customized cutting boards. Cutting boards in the shapes of animals, household items, and other whimsical objects make great décor items. Be sure to keep an eye out for them.
- Old signs. Many people collect hand-painted signs, and they make an eclectic addition to your fall décor. Keep an eye out for one with fall themes such as leaves, apples, or pumpkins.
- Scarecrows. Handmade scarecrows make authentic additions to your Halloween and autumn outdoor display. You can often find hay bales, grain stacks, and other items ready to buy and set up at home.
- Baskets and cornucopia. These containers double as fall décor and additional storage options.
Enjoy the crisp fall air before colder temperatures signal the onslaught of winter. Whether you have a favorite vendor or want to explore each stall, you’re bound to have a great time at Cowtown Farmers Market.