A Beginner’s Guide to Antiquing
In the distance, you can see a glint coming from one of the vendor stalls. You follow the hustle and bustle of the crowd as you make your way towards the treasure. As you zero in on your find, the vendor stops you. You freeze. The vendor smiles and says, “This is a rare find but, I can tell you’re a collector. Did you know these come as a pair?” Yes! Your first farmer’s market win of the day. Little did you know, at Cowtown Farmer’s Market, there are more scores in store.
If you enjoy the rush of hunting for deals and discovering treasures, you’ll fit right in at Cowtown. Join us for your weekly treasure hunts every Tuesday and Saturday from 8am to 4pm, rain or shine. We offer unique finds from over 400 vendors. If you’re ready to begin your antiquing adventure, come explore Cowtown Farmer’s Market.
Uncovering Treasures: Antiquing Tips to Get Started
Becoming an antiquing expert isn’t as hard as you may think. When you hear about antiquing, it may conjure up images of silent auctions. However, collecting antiques is a hobby that is easy to take on, and accessible to everyone. If you’re ready to start your adventure, read our tips below to learn more about the best place to begin.
- Find your niche – The best way to find antiques is to know what you’re looking for. This means you have an idea, era, or specific item in mind.
- Stay alert – Keep your eyes open when you are looking through the different vendors’ treasures. At Cowtown Farmer’s Market, you’ll never know what you’ll find!
- Purchase with purpose – Think about the ways antiques can liven up your space. An antique door knocker can be an art piece, a paper weight, or outdoor décor.
- Ask questions – Talk to the vendors about their pieces for sale. Ask about the item’s use, age, and origin story. This can help you decide whether an item is right for you.
Top 3 Antiques You May Find at Cowtown Farmer’s Market
Treasures untold await you in the place you may least expect—a farmer’s market. Cowtown Farmer’s Market—to be exact. Yes, it’s true! Farmer’s markets aren’t only for fresh vegetables, flowers, and amazing eats. When you visit Cowtown, you’ll be entering an antique lover’s haven with interesting finds and one-of-a-kind items.
Are you excited to learn more? Here are three types of antiques you can find in Cowtown.
- Jewelry – Whether it’s a timepiece or a beautiful brooch, our vendors have a plethora of options to choose from when searching for rare jewelry.
- Home décor– Our antique experts can help you find items and ways to repurpose them. Antiques make great home décor because they have stories to tell. By decorating your home with antique items, you can be a part of that story and add depth to your modern décor.
- Memorabilia– Memorabilia from a time long gone can be found at many spaces in Cowtown. From sports to americana, our sellers can help you own a piece of history.
Are you a vendor that is an antiquing aficionado? Are you looking for a community that will give your antiques a good home? If so, have a look at our vendor information page. The community at Cowtown is ready to welcome you! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us.