Who doesn’t like a great flea market? You can find almost anything – clothing, jewelry, rare collectibles, books, fresh vegetables, baked goods, and the list goes on and on. One of the best flea markets in South Jersey is in Pilesgrove, NJ – right outside Woodstown and minutes from the Delaware Memorial Bridge. It’s called Cowtown Flea Market and offers the added bonus of being right next door to the famous Cowtown Rodeo. If you like the cowboys and cowgirls, fabulous finds and low prices, it’s time you paid it a visit. It’s family-friendly, so bring the kids too.
What Makes Cowtown South Jersey’s Best
Let’s see…there’s the rural setting, wide variety of merchandise, great prices, food for even the pickiest eaters in the family, kind and informative vendors, live radio, the fact that it is right next door to the famous Cowtown Rodeo, and the list goes on and on. The Cowtown Flea Market is one destination that you don’t want to miss. The flea market is open year round every Tuesday and Saturday from 8 AM-4 PM. Come with a friend, your sweetheart, or the whole family. There’s something for everyone to enjoy.
If you go to Cowtown
Brace yourself for an adventure of a lifetime. Here are a few tips to help plan your day:
- Dress comfortably: There’s lots of ground to cover so dress in comfortable clothes. Western gear is optional, but encouraged. The more cowboys and cowgirls, the better.
- Bring your shopping list: Before you come, think about everything you need, especially those hard-to-find items. Think holidays, back-to-school, home décor, the works. When you arrive, pick a spot and walk through it all, row by row. Even if you’re just window shopping, it’s fun to look. You might also get some good gift ideas.
- Come hungry: Let’s face it. Shopping is hard work, so when your stomach starts to rumble head to the many food stands available. They are scattered about, so be sure and check them all out! Did you know that the Cowtown Restaurant is known as the “Home of the Giant Burger?” That alone is worth checking out. Other food available includes:
- Jamaican BBQ
- Dutch Country BBQ
Here are a few words from our friends at Millers:
If you were born to shop
South Jersey’s Cowtown flea market features outdoor and heated indoor facilities filled with more than 400 vendors selling one-of-a-kind treasures. From purses, to socks, to toys, special foods, electronics and more, you can find it all – and at great prices. These is so much to see at Cowtown! Here is just a small sampling of what you can expect for find for sale:
- Amish Meats, Cheeses & Baked Goods
- Children’s Toys & Clothing
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Antiques, Collectibles & Memorabilia
- Women’s & Men’s Apparel & Accessories
- Electronics, Kitchen Aids & Home Goods
- Crafts, Seasonal & Holiday Items
- Pet Supplies
- Flowers & Shrubbery
Lasso Yourself the Best of the Wild West!
Do you love the thrill of bucking Broncos and the smell of hay and horses? How about the great outdoors? Want to learn how to tie a bull rope knot? If so, once your shopping is done at the flea market, you can go right next door and lasso a front row seat in the arena at the Cowtown Rodeo. Cowtown offers seven events that are all sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. They include:
- Team Roping
- Steer Wrestling
- Bareback Bronc Riding
- Tie Down Roping
- Bull Riding
- Girls Barrel Racing
Since 1955 the Cowtown Rodeo has presented the thrills and excitement of a truly American Cowboy Tradition every week. It’s as authentic as it comes. Howard “Stoney” Harris first started a rodeo in Woodstown, NJ in 1929. In 1961 Howard (Stoney’s son) bought Cowtown Rodeo, the livestock auction, farmers market, 1,200 acres of land and a 2,500 seat arena from his father. A new 4,000 seat arena, still in use today, was built in 1967. Your seat is waiting. In fact, bring the whole family and soak up some of the Wild West. Want to get some practice tying bull rope knots before you come? If so, here’s a video of how it’s done:
Special Events Held Year Round
South Jersey’s best flea market hosts special events all year long. Everything you need to know is right here. Make sure you check back often. Families from all over the world have enjoyed the market for almost 80 years – and keep on coming back. Here’s a peek at what some Cowtown flea market fans have to say latest Google reviews.
How to find us
That’s easy. The Cowtown Flea Market is located in Pilesgrove, NJ. We’re a straight shot from the Cumberland County area and mere minutes from Delaware. You can get driving directions here. You can also find us on Facebook by clicking on the logo below. If you like what you see when you get there, please let us know by clicking on the “like” button. We sure do appreciate that.